In accordance with The Department for Education, we aim to actively promote British Values in school to ensure young people leave us prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is 'right' and 'wrong', all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
Within our assemblies, we use Picture News which enables children to consider how British Values relate to their everyday life and the choices that they make. A thought provoking question provides opportunities for children to learn from our world and develop respect for other’s beliefs, feelings and faiths. The assemblies encourage exploration, discussion, challenge and inspire children to learn!
The coverage documents below include an overview of all of the stories and values covered each week:
- Primary Picture News Coverage Document England Autumn 2 2022
- Primary Picture News Coverage Document England Spring 1 2023
- Primary Picture News Coverage Document England Spring 2 2022
- Primary Picture News Coverage Document England Summer 2 2023
- Primary Picture News England Coverage Document Summer 1 2023
Our British Values statement provides more information about each of the key values and how we promote them in school: